WHO ARE WE
ENRUDEC (Environment and Rural Development Centre) is a non-racial, non-religious, non-profit making, non-governmental organization. It is based in Kohalpur, Banke. This organization is registered in the district administration office, Banke. It is affiliated with Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu and NGO federation, NGO Coordination Committee, and Human Rights Alliance. The Organization was established by former and existing UNV and DDS Volunteer, Human Rights Activists, Social and Voluntary Development Activist, Researchers and Experts of various fields in 1997.
WHAT WE DO
ENRUDEC works towards raising awareness and building capacity of locals regarding citizen’s rights and responsibilities. It has championed in mobilizing volunteers for community service in order to strengthen civil society. ENRUDEC has undertaken programs offering informal education for disadvantaged groups, poor and needy through capacity building, human rights awareness campaigns, the formation of volunteers group, and their mobilization as well as business awareness orientation and training programs. ENRUDEC works in Banke, Bajura, and Dang, Districts. It has its contact office in Kathmandu for national and international relations and correspondence. It has been working as a resource organization to support local NGOs of the mid and far western development regions. It holds leadership positions in some of the local and regional networks and federations such as Chairing of NGO Federation of Nepal district Chapter Banke, District secretary of district child health rights promotion and protection Network, regional secretary of national food rights Network, regional coordinator of peace Initiative Network (PIN-Nepal), etc.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
To create educated, civilized and prosperous rural communities by ensuring human rights, strengthening social accountability of local governance and social mobilization
To work together with the deprived communities to enable them to become empowered to overcome socio-economic, health, sanitation, environmental issues, human rights, public participation, and access to resources in order to ensure the development of their local communities.
OUR PRINCIPLE ISSUES OF CONCERN
- Empowerment of rural communities through Education, Awareness, and Animation
- Promotion and protection of Human Rights and Social Justice
- Ensuring organizational development of local bodies and CBOs
- Reinforcement of social mobilization for strengthening local governance
- Activism for Preservation and Management of Environment
OUR IMMEDIATE/LONG TERM OBJECTIVES
- To conduct an awareness programs on the rights of children, women, and youth.
- To create awareness on health rights within the marginalized community.
- To protect the rights of children, Marginalized groups, and ethnicity.
- To protect biodiversity and environment conservation
- To promote agricultural activities in the community
- To lunch the education and credit mobilization among adolescents
- To organize a social campaign for good governance and human rights.
- To promote volunteerism for national and international cooperation and development
- To support victims of internal displacement, deprived and natural disaster
- To mobilize youth for peacebuilding and the human right protection
- To facilitate to increase the participation of government, local bodies and civil society for enhancing transparency and social accountability to establish a sound governance system
- To conduct research-based studies such as surveys, collect data, and publish resourceful materials to build knowledge and disseminate the same on different issues of Dalits, depressed, and marginal groups.
- To work towards capacitating of local CBOs in order to achieve our objectives by mobilizing them for better implementation of our strategies
- To build a partnership at local, regional, national, and international levels on the issues of our concerns to materialize it in favor of the development of communities and beneficiaries by maximizing the effort and utilization of local and foreign aids.
- To promote people’s participation and ensure their role in decision making for their locally desired changes and development.
WHERE ARE WE
ENRUDEC has been working as a resource organization to support NGOs in mid and far western development region and having the leadership among those organizations such as Chairing of NGO Federation of Nepal district Chapter Banke, District secretary of district child health rights promotion and protection Network, regional secretary of national food rights Network, regional coordinator of peace Initiative Network (PIN-Nepal), etc. ENRUDEC operates from Banke and is active in Bajura, Dailekh, and Dang Districts. It has a contact office in Kathmandu for the national and international correspondence and dealings.