WHO ARE WE
ENRUDEC is a non-profit making, non-governmental organization having its office at Kohalpur of Banke District, Nepal. ENRUDEC was establishes in 1997 in response to the need of having a sustained mechanism for environment protection, health maternal and Child health, livelihood, WASH and human rights in order to create better and prosper societies. ENRUDEC is registered in District Administration Office Banke and has affiliation with social Welfare Council, NGO federation, NGO Coordination Committee and Human Rights Alliance. The Organization was established by former and existing UNV DDS Volunteer, Human Rights Activists, Social and Voluntary Development Activist, Researchers and Experts of various fields in 1997 and legally registered in 1998 at DAO Banke. It has a head office at Kohalpur Municipality-11, Banke and project office in Bardiya and Dang District. It has contact office in Kathmandu for national and international relations and correspondence.
To create educated, civilized and prosperous rural communities by ensuring human rights, strengthening social accountability of local governance and social mobilization.
To work together with the deprived communities to enable them to become empowered to overcome socio-economic, health, sanitation, environmental issues, human rights, public participation, and access to resources to ensure the development of their local communities.
OUR IMMEDIATE/LONG TERM OBJECTIVES
- To conduct an awareness program on the rights of children, women, and youth.
- To create awareness on health (Maternal, Child, Reproductive) and health rights within the marginalized community.
- To protect the rights of children, Marginalized groups, and ethnicity.
- To protect biodiversity and environment conservation
- To promote agricultural activities in the community
- To lunch the education and credit mobilization among adolescents
- To organize a social campaign for good governance and human rights.
- To promote volunteerism for national and international cooperation and development
- To support victims of internal displacement, deprived and natural disaster.
- To mobilize youth for peacebuilding and the human right protection
WHAT WE DO
ENRUDEC works towards raising awareness and building capacity of local stakeholders regarding citizen’s rights and responsibilities in various sectors i.e. health, environment, governance, and education. It has championed in mobilizing volunteers for community services to foster good governance and enhanced system. It has also worked for various public health components including reproductive, maternal and child health related program, Nutrition, Water and Sanitation. ENRUDEC has undertaken programs offering informal education for disadvantaged groups, poor and needy through capacity building, human rights awareness campaigns, formation of volunteers group and their mobilization as well as business awareness orientation and training programs.
Currently, programs of ENRUDEC are focused on four core thematic areas (Health, Human rights, Disaster Risk Management and Governance) as per its strategic direction.
Health and WASH
- Health System and Infrastructure Strengthening
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Family Planning
- Maternal Newborn and Child Health
- Health Reform Project (Nutrition, WASH)
- Non-formal Education
- Formal Education Support to Deprived Children
- Promotion of Child Education Rights
Biological Diversity and conservation of Environment, Disaster Risk Reduction & Management
- Community-based Disaster Risk Management: Risk reduction, mitigation, emergency preparedness, recovery
- DRR and Governance
- Capacity Building of stakeholders in DRR
- Vulture conservation
Human Rights, Peace Promoting, Strengthening Local Governance and social Accountability.
- Safer Migration
- Advocacy and system strengthening
- Community Participation in self-advocacy
Livelihood and Entrepreneurship Development
- Agriculture and Livestock Entrepreneurship Development
- Youth Entrepreneurship
- Women empowerment for economic development
WHERE ARE WE
ENRUDEC has been working as a resource organization to support NGOs in mid and far western development region and having the leadership among those organizations such as Chairing of NGO Federation of Nepal district Chapter Banke, District secretary of district child health rights promotion and protection Network, regional secretary of national food rights Network, regional coordinator of peace Initiative Network (PIN-Nepal), etc. ENRUDEC operates from Banke as a head office and has been working in Banke, Bardiya, Dang, Rolpa, Rupanhehi and Kapilvastu Districts. It has a contact office in Kathmandu for the national and international correspondence and dealings and project office at Bardiya and Dang.